D-Link EBR 2310 unable to connect Help!

arson

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
For awhile now I been using D-link EBr 2310 router splitting a DSL connection. One day, I had trouble connecting to a multiplayer lobby so I bypassed the D-link router and messed around in the dsl modem settings and was eventually able to play. That was many months ago. And I have no idea what I did in the dsl modem to get me into the lobby.

Now I want to use the D-link router again, so I hooked everything up as usual and it doesn't allow me to connect to the internet or even access the router settings itself. Normally, atleast from what I can remember, 192.168.0.1 would get me into the router.

I tried using the installation disk that came with it but it can only get as far as detecting a network card but fails to detect and internet connection.

Now, if I plug in directly to the dsl modem I can connect to the internet fine, no probs.

Should I buy another router? Is this one toast? Was it possible for me to adjust some settings somewhere that prohibits me from using this router?

Only firewall I have is windows firewall and AVG which I disabled.

I remember doing some research on static ip's dynamic ips etc. I guess this is what I get for messing around where I have little understanding.

As, far as I know this router should work fine, however it has been plugged in for months and may have had an electric charge from a storm.

Any ideas?

EDIT: using WIndows XP

kagomeghe

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
i have read the same problem on the supportrix forum and you may try this and see if this help solve your problem. make sure your computer is directly connected to the router

Step 1: Shutdown the computer.
Step 2: reset the router while power on then Unplug the router’s power cable.
Step 3: Unplug the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for 30 seconds.
Step 4: Plug in the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for its lights to appear stable.
Step 5: Plug in the router's power cable once the modem’s lights appear stable.
Step 6: Power on the computer on and configure the router settings
Step 7: test the Internet connection.

if this still didnot work, upgrade the firmware of your router and repeat the same steps.

note:

configuring the router settings will depends who is your provider. if your isp is dsl you need to configure your ISP username (email address format) and password on the router. if your router is a cable no need to change any settings on the router. it should automatically work