teoo13

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
i'm looking for some advice about an upgrade that i'm gonna do. I'll change the motherboard, procesor amd ram and the goal for this is rather simple. The pc is shared by me and my girlfriend...so i have conected the pc to the television (tvout not hdmi) so if one of us surfs the net the other can wath a movie. Now i do have this problem even if someone (me or she) plays any 3d fullscreen game the other cant see anything on the tvout.. so i was thinking that with this upgrade i should buy a mobo with integrated graphic...i am asking will this work? the performance isnt an isue, the integrated grapfics card will be used for video and i will buy another sound card.so the integrated video and audio for movies and the normal video and sound cards for games, etc

pls help
10x

ps sorry for my bad english

teoo13

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
joefriday yes and thx for the info (690g or v is what i was thinking about buying or smting from the 7xx series but with another video card) but will i be able to do the things i described above?

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Of course it should. However, your current setup should likely have also worked. Unfortunately, the video output of graphics cards is not frequently reported on. Anandtech's review of the 690G said this technology works as advertised, but they never wrote in detail how they tested it.

Out of curiosity, on your current setup, did you tell Windows (XP I'm assuming) to not span the desktop across the two outputs?

teoo13

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
i read the anantech review of the 690 chipset, that's why i'm considering it for the upgrade but i didnt found anything usefull, it mostly talks about hdmi and hd in regard to tvout there is little info
About windows desktop extension..mmm when i watch a movie i have to enable it...the player i tryed does not have the option of selecting the output so if i dont turn it on it will display on my monitor,if i turn it on the games wont work...so i am a little confused...
i've tryed media player claasic&9,KMplayer,bsplayer and maybe i'll try power dvd or smtin
if u know a player that will let u select the output(tvout in my case) please let me know
other than that i do not know..

win xp sp2, ati radeon 2600xt, 1gb ram,asus a8nsli deluxe,amd athlon 64 3200+, 430w thermaltake true power, latest catalyst drivers

torcida_kutina

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
The cheapest solution is to buy DVD DivX Player, and to watch movies on "player", and your girlfriend can play games without any problems. Simple and cheap.

teoo13

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
it may seem that this is the only solution...
but it does seems like a waste....a card with 2 video exits....hd technology & stuff...usefull...for like nothing...makes me wonder who uses them (except professionals with 2 monitors and such)
anyway thx for the advice...from all the reading & research on the forums this is the only solution
ps when i asked amd(ati) about this, they recomended a better power supply !!! :))))))))