gigabyte P35-DS3 user encouter this onboard lan issue??

shuttler

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
hi guys,

firstly the onboard lan is able to work perfectly okie until two days ago when it started not to work(the green light @ the lan port did not light up and could not establish a network connection). But under the device manager it say the network adapter is working properly.

And i tot is the router or the modem that is giving me the prob, but it is not(i connect the same lan cable to another laptop and it work with the laptop)

until yesterday, i uninstall the network adapter(Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC) under device manager, follow by a reboot and then install the new lan driver found on the gigabyte website and finally it manage to work till today(green light @ the lan port light up and able to establish a network connection)...

is this a bug or hardware issue or sth else??

or someelse oso have the same situation as me??

pls advice....thks u

shuttler

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006

hi,

the below is my rig

Processor - Intel E6750
Mainboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3
Graphics Card - Leadtek PX8600GT TDH
Memory - 02 X Kingston 1GB DDR2 667
Storage - WD 320gb
Optical Storage - LG DVR-RW
PSU - ACBEL E2 510w
Audio - Creative SB Audigy Value 7.1
OS - Window XP Pro SP2

pls assist...thks

shuttler

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006

hi,

how can i set NIC speed to auto??

pls advice....thank u

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
If you go to "Network Connections" and select "Properties" of your NIC and the Advanced tab, you will likely see the speed options.

However, this is likely not incorrect unless you manually changed it.

The Cables that connect your computer to your Router/Modem are common things to go bad. I would ask a buddy if he has one you can borrow or test.

Here is an example of that item.....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812105302

If you shop at someplace like BestBuy, they will likely charge you about $20-$30.