Problems with an X1600PRO

I bought my Radeon Sapphire X1600Pro a couple of months ago and since then...I've been having regular periods where the cards starts acting weird.

Sometimes I switch on my PC - only to find out that the screen is FULL of bad pixels....(and NO - I don't have a TFT - so it's not the monitor's fault - hell I even switched monitors to check this). Anyway...this week I received Need For Speed Pro Street and a MAJOR problem occured....halfway through the game (ALWAYS in the same section....) the game stops responding....screen starts flicking (as if it's refreshing on it's own) and I can't proceed further!

Should I just SCRAP the card and get another one!? Or maybe it's some OTHER problem!?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about problems x1600pro
  1. First of all did you update the drivers for both the game and the card? If you did, this problem can be overheating issues or a bad video card.
  2. Drivers are up to date! With regards to overheating problems...ATI Tool's highest temperature clocked when I ran the "check for artifacts" test was 68 degrees C. I have no idea about what should be the highest temperature though.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Monitors Graphics