Help me UN-OC my cpu ( please)

LyonheartAz

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
I had made a post about my new rig running way to hot under load( 90c+ ! ) and even idol (70c+ !) I did many things like cable managment...more fans ( it has water cooling ) and reset the water block and added new paste.. i got it down to mid 50s idol and low 70s under load. Thats still too hot for my taste. I purchased this from a friend. I thought he OCd it but he claims he had a builder do it for him.

I have no "need" for an OCd PC.. i paid 1g+ less than the parts would cost me.. and thats why i bought it. it was a deal. It has QX6850 on an asus P5E3 Delux x38 MB with 4 gigs of Patriot extreme pc15000 ddr3 1866mhz memory. This hardware is more than i would have paid for had I built the system myself.. but for the price i thought " why not?" And its a bit future proof. With all that being said.. I simply want to UN Overclock it. I read the OC guides and went into my bios to see if I could figure out how to "reset" it back to factory spec.. the CPU and the memory ( not sure if he changed memory spec or not )

Can it be "undone"? if so, how? My reading and looking at the bios did not make me feel safe about changing anything. Is there any info I could post here for someone to help me get it back to factory spec ? I know i might have missed something in my searching on how to un-oc a pc . Any help would be much appreciated!

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
The fastest way is to hit an option like "load default settings" or something. If you can't find that settings, simple take out the CMOS battery or reset the jumper.