Windows update not responding vista

m_bicanic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
OS Vista P2 recently upgraded 32bit Home Premium...recently serviced.Reinstalling all on my HP dv6 1129xt back and after all my Windows Update not working and it appear like "Windows Update currently can not check for updates because the service is not running.You may need to restart your computer"....It past 3 days since I got pc back from service and it is without updates.....so please if you have solution for this problem would you provide it to me that I can resolve this ASAP.....Thank you

m_bicanic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Did same and I hit Check for updates and message pop out :"WU cannot currently check for Updates.because the service is not running.You may need to restart your computer" ...which is pretty much same problem which I had .....and I did other stuff but end was pretty much same.....

Alaskan_IT

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011

I was referring to going back the the services section and right clicking the windows update service. Then click start or restart. Not sure if you understood me correctly.

Alaskan_IT

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
ok, just making sure. The next thing you can try is start menu>type "cmd" in the search box and it should appear in the menu>Right click> run as administrator(you may be prompted to click continue by user account control) then in the command prompt type sfc/ scannow (just like that WITH the space) then hit enter. This will check the integrity of the system files and replace any damaged ones.

Also, who "serviced" your computer? Just curious

m_bicanic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Ok I perform that scan and on the end this was result....:
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix them.Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\logs\CBS\CBS.Log for example C:\windows\logs|CBS\CBS.Log

That is result of the scan and by the way service did National PC Solution (Australia)never hear but they cover my waranty on that pc.....