HELP!!!! xeon 3110 running very high temp

vk28

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2008
hey im new to this forum stuff but im seeking some help

PC build

cpu: xeon 3110
motherboard: gigabyte p35-ds3l

im using the heatsink tht the processor came with...the problem at hand is that the core temp is reading 70/66C under full load..i dnt think its supposed to be getting this hot espescially with the xeon 3110..i even changed the thermal paste 3 times and im sure i mounted it properly...if u guys can tell me wat i can do to reduce the temp i would greatly appreciate it...thankss!!

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
Well, Intel did make the coolers much smaller, so I'm not too sure. It could very well be poor airflow couped with Intel's crappy cooler, so perhaps go grab an aftermarket cooler.

windie

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2007
use Real Temp software. These new cpus comes with a new tjmax thing or whatever and Real Temp adjusts this. its about 10C lower than reported by all other temp softwares.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
that or the paste isnt applied correctly, i just recently had temp issues with my 2160 @ 3.2ghz when i replaced the stock HSF the paste(intel) was nasty and barely looked like there was any there. It was only a month old....I honestly had to remove my motherboard to make sure my Freezer 7 would mount properly. So you may want to consider mounting it with the MB out of the case to verify its secure.