Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Biggest case..?

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 25, 2007 1:18:22 AM

Hey guys, had a fast question. What is the biggest case for sale as of now? I have been looking around and so far the thermaltake mozart tx is the biggest :D  .. Thanks for your help!

More about : biggest case

November 25, 2007 2:22:26 AM

I'm not sure, there is so many cases out there that you could never in a million years point out the biggest one.

Is there a reason for this?
November 25, 2007 2:24:40 AM

Only way to find out the "real" biggest is to read all the tech specs on newegg or some other site
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 25, 2007 2:54:10 AM

I dunno...I recently saw the CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000 in real life and I have to say...that thing is a BEAST.
November 25, 2007 3:49:42 AM

Biggest ..... depth? Height? Width? Total internal volume? # of HD slots?
November 25, 2007 3:56:57 AM

My Silverstone TJ09 takes up A LOT of room under the desk. Why do you need the biggest case, are you planning to have 25 hard disks? :) 
November 25, 2007 4:34:00 AM

Well supposedly bigger case can have better cooling and hold more stuff...I suppose a Stacker 830 is too small?
November 25, 2007 5:56:03 AM

paintballwizzx said:
Hey guys, had a fast question. What is the biggest case for sale as of now? I have been looking around and so far the thermaltake mozart tx is the biggest :D  .. Thanks for your help!


I have been using the TT mozart for a long while. I had to put my desk on blocks to fit it under. Picking it up and placing it on a table is like lifting a '63 corvair. The case has a great cooling solution with four seperate chambers, room for two systems or water cooling. Highly recommend if you want superior cooling. The weight of this case is a major factor if you are seriously considering building with it. It is extremely big and heavy.


http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Chassis/fulltower...
November 25, 2007 5:47:29 PM

there are a few reasons i want the biggest case.

#1. Cooling-the mozart has tons of 120mm fan options also great for water-cooling...I plan on having to radiators too in my new build.(one for cup and NB, one for twin 8800 GTX sli)

#2. Wire management- I have been building computers for about 2 years, and the hardest part is cleaning up the wires and making it look nice and neet, plenty of room for hiding!

#3 Look- The look of my computer is gonna be awesome once i get it all together, the more room the better for upgrading and such. Prolly wont be feeling cramped! I as of now am using a full tower by apevia, and still feeling alil cramped.. Thanks guys.
November 25, 2007 5:54:42 PM

I currently have eleven 120mm fans in use. Last count I came up with 24 fans in this case! It is the coolest running case I have ever owned.
November 25, 2007 6:05:23 PM

exactly!! eleven 120mm fans plus water cooling and that thing is gonna be set for some serious overclocking!! thats pretty much the main reason i want the biggest case. I love expansions.
November 25, 2007 6:13:40 PM

This not such a great pic, but you get the idea of the seperate chambers. Seperate MB, HD/Optical drive, PSU/watercooling or second MB chambers. I have since swapped out the MB, Video card, HD's, etc. since this pic. The wiring probably looks worse than it really is. get some of the longer SATA/IDE/etc. cables to run from the top HD cage to the bottom MB compartment.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5234/img0036xg5.jpg
November 25, 2007 6:20:32 PM

hey badge thanks for the pic, also everything in my computer that can be blue, is blue, from leds, to cathodes, to wiring, to coolant. I love they way this case also hase windows on both sides, my room without the light on is bright blue! but with this its gonna be even better! I think this is the case im gonna get. The media lab and touch screen is a huge plus too!
November 25, 2007 6:25:25 PM

I like the case, especially the cooling solution. It is BIG. And it is heavy. I have to say if not for the excellent cooling, I would probably swap everything into a somewhat smaller case. If you are watercooling though, I think this case would work great. I'm not fmiliar with WC, but the case has the cut outs for it as far as I know. It's a substancial case for sure. You neighbors are not likely to have anything like it. 8)
November 25, 2007 6:31:19 PM

lol as of now my neighbors dont have anything to compare to the electronics in my room, lol. I am 17 and i have been building computers for about 3 years and selling them. so money really isn't a huge deal.. I have only heard great things about this case. I have looked at the cosmos case...eh.. not to happy with it, i hate the fact it doesnt have windows... errg..the one thing i wish was better about the mozart would be the length...is tall and wide, but not long like other cases.. but still the best ive found
November 25, 2007 7:10:00 PM

Have any of you ever heard of Mountain Mods? If you were to read some of the real OC boards you would see these. Or the Lian series.

You want a big quality case that will hold 2 120x3 rads look no farther than Mountain Mods. Your gonna pay tho!
November 25, 2007 8:05:51 PM

paintballwizzx said:
there are a few reasons i want the biggest case.

#1. Cooling-the mozart has tons of 120mm fan options also great for water-cooling...I plan on having to radiators too in my new build.(one for cup and NB, one for twin 8800 GTX sli)

#2. Wire management- I have been building computers for about 2 years, and the hardest part is cleaning up the wires and making it look nice and neet, plenty of room for hiding!

#3 Look- The look of my computer is gonna be awesome once i get it all together, the more room the better for upgrading and such. Prolly wont be feeling cramped! I as of now am using a full tower by apevia, and still feeling alil cramped.. Thanks guys.
Make sure you check out the Lian-Li V2000 Plus II.

Good luck!

November 25, 2007 9:22:09 PM

well it is definitely not the widest, but my lian li pc70 is appx. 23.5 x 23.5 inches; the outside front panel of the case is 13" from the edge of the motherboard and the top surface is 10" from the motherboard. it has 15 drive bays (3 x 3.5 + 6 x 5.25 int + 6 x 5.25 ext).
November 26, 2007 1:05:45 AM

hmm.... well TT has me on this one i believe. lol
November 26, 2007 3:13:02 AM

Dude... That TT Mozart is one HUGE SOB!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a Mini-Super Computer. Would be INSANELY AWESOME though, if done right. Good luck! Show us a pic when ur done!
November 26, 2007 3:22:10 AM

amirisme said:
Dude... That TT Mozart is one HUGE SOB!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a Mini-Super Computer. Would be INSANELY AWESOME though, if done right. Good luck! Show us a pic when ur done!


It's not as big as this one:



And the style I just showed has been around for many years.

In fact, the Mozart TX isn't huge, because it's very shallow...with barely enough room front to back to hold an ATX board and a couple 8800GTX's. I had one, it's one of the smaller floor models I've used.
November 26, 2007 4:28:00 AM

The Gigabyte Aurora 3d 570 is one of the largest conventional cases I know of....I put it next to my mates Antec 900 the other day and it dwarfed it.
November 26, 2007 8:09:40 AM

I love my big Thermaltake Armor Series Case v8000 with the 250mm fan on the side. it has got be about 50lbs. with everything in it. its a huge case. its long and tell and big.



just my 2 cents

Brian
November 26, 2007 10:19:36 AM

Thermaltake does build some nice big cases.I am using the Shark now and will probably get the Armor for my next build.
November 26, 2007 10:44:17 AM

Mountain Mods cases, you folks read any other forums besides this one?
November 26, 2007 2:47:37 PM

I have the mozart TT... When I go on vacation, I take my dog and use
the other half of the case as a dog carrier.
November 26, 2007 3:24:23 PM

badge said:
I have been using the TT mozart for a long while. I had to put my desk on blocks to fit it under. Picking it up and placing it on a table is like lifting a '63 corvair. The case has a great cooling solution with four seperate chambers, room for two systems or water cooling. Highly recommend if you want superior cooling. The weight of this case is a major factor if you are seriously considering building with it. It is extremely big and heavy.


http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Chassis/fulltower...




WOW This is HUGE, It look like a updated Mainframe :o 
November 26, 2007 4:07:14 PM

I like the TT Mozart TX too.
November 26, 2007 4:13:09 PM

i bought one of these last year to house my mega file server:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CSF-1630-12U-Rack-Mount-Server-Rack...
16 x Ext 5.25 + 3 x Ext 3.5 + 6 x Int 3.5 Server / 12U Rackmount Mount Hybrid
99 dollars plus 60 shipping

26 total drive bays
thank god it also comes with wheels. rackmountable, but i put the wheels on the thing.








12 u rackmountable, with wheels. picture a small refrigerator laying on it's side.
loaded with high cap fans, this thing is awesome :) 

for size reference, here is a pick from it's review on cluboverclockers.com (it's the csf-1630):


that is a full size dual processor motherboard installed in the case.

Valis
December 1, 2007 2:20:20 AM

lmao, dude that is one huge case! lol good thing for me i dont need that many HDD! lol so many slots! just got my mozart TX today gonna start building the loop when parts come flowin in!
!