SimCity 4 regional play

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 17, 2005 1:47:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Ahoy all,

Just a quick query. I have an enormous map of the Auckland region at home
(although I would say this applies to any regional map). Is it possible for
me to setup just one area to do power, water and rubbish, and have the whole
region get its power and water and have its rubbish taken to there? Or do I
need to setup a new power station every 2 cities over?

Thanks,

Jason :)

More about : simcity regional play

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 4:14:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:47:33 +1300, "Jason"
<theedge@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:

>Ahoy all,
>
>Just a quick query. I have an enormous map of the Auckland region at home
>(although I would say this applies to any regional map). Is it possible for
>me to setup just one area to do power, water and rubbish, and have the whole
>region get its power and water and have its rubbish taken to there? Or do I
>need to setup a new power station every 2 cities over?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jason :)

As far as I am aware, deals can only be done with a neighbour.
However, if A has an enormous capacity, then I guess that there is no
no reason why B can't do a deal to buy from A, then sell on to C.

It would get a bit messy though, especially if one connection
broke down.

Mike

January 22, 2005 2:21:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Cheers Mike, that works perfectly! Now I can do it for the water supply as
well :)

One other question; would the same thing work for the waste disposal, I
wonder? Or no? That would mean transporting it across the entire city, in
that case...

Jason

"Mike Hartland" <mikejhREMOVETHISBIT@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:47:33 +1300, "Jason"
> <theedge@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Ahoy all,
> >
> >Just a quick query. I have an enormous map of the Auckland region at home
> >(although I would say this applies to any regional map). Is it possible
for
> >me to setup just one area to do power, water and rubbish, and have the
whole
> >region get its power and water and have its rubbish taken to there? Or do
> >need to setup a new power station every 2 cities over?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Jason :)
>
> As far as I am aware, deals can only be done with a neighbour.
> However, if A has an enormous capacity, then I guess that there is no
> no reason why B can't do a deal to buy from A, then sell on to C.
>
> It would get a bit messy though, especially if one connection
> broke down.
>
> Mike

January 22, 2005 4:17:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

"Mike Hartland" <mikejhREMOVETHISBIT@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:8eenu0lnkv1tojgrfdu5a9s1gibad4vvb5@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:47:33 +1300, "Jason"
> <theedge@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:

>>Just a quick query. I have an enormous map of the Auckland region at home
>>(although I would say this applies to any regional map). Is it possible for
>>me to setup just one area to do power, water and rubbish, and have the whole
>>region get its power and water and have its rubbish taken to there? Or do I
>>need to setup a new power station every 2 cities over?

> As far as I am aware, deals can only be done with a neighbour.
> However, if A has an enormous capacity, then I guess that there is no
> no reason why B can't do a deal to buy from A, then sell on to C.

> It would get a bit messy though, especially if one connection
> broke down.

You can send power, water, and garbage across ten cities if you like.
The only problem you start getting is that whenever you modify the
neighbor deals you have to adjust all ten cities in a row--maybe even
several times. The further your neighbor deals stretch out the more
inconvenient it becomes to keep control over it and balance it all.
It's a pain. Possible but complicated.

--
__ "A good leader knows when it's best to ignore the __
('__`> screams for help and focus on the bigger picture." <'__`)

n@t wrote:
> "Mike Hartland" <mikejhREMOVETHISBIT@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:8eenu0lnkv1tojgrfdu5a9s1gibad4vvb5@4ax.com...
> > On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:47:33 +1300, "Jason"
> > <theedge@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:
> >>Just a quick query. I have an enormous map of the Auckland region at home
> >>(although I would say this applies to any regional map). Is it possible for
> >>me to setup just one area to do power, water and rubbish, and have the whole
> >>region get its power and water and have its rubbish taken to there? Or do I
> >>need to setup a new power station every 2 cities over?
> > As far as I am aware, deals can only be done with a neighbour.
> > However, if A has an enormous capacity, then I guess that there is no
> > no reason why B can't do a deal to buy from A, then sell on to C.
> > It would get a bit messy though, especially if one connection
> > broke down.
> You can send power, water, and garbage across ten cities if you like.
> The only problem you start getting is that whenever you modify the
> neighbor deals you have to adjust all ten cities in a row--maybe even
> several times. The further your neighbor deals stretch out the more
> inconvenient it becomes to keep control over it and balance it all.
> It's a pain. Possible but complicated.
> --
> __ "A good leader knows when it's best to ignore the __
> ('__`> screams for help and focus on the bigger picture." <'__`)
> //6(6; ©OOL mmiv :^)^\\
> `\_-/ http://home.t-online.de/home/ulrich.schreglmann/redbaro... \-_/'

Great!

marcelo_j@communities.cidermail.com