[Help] Maxor External 500GB

Bigfooted

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
My External has decided to start ticking?
I cannot access the data on it at all...
I was wondering whether I could as I would like to save as much as possible?
Before I possibly return it or replace it.
There is alot of important data on there =/
I cannot access it via My computer or such ways and when I plug the hard drive in, It seems to just lag/freeze the computer and when I unplug the external it seems to all work again.

Any help would be nice =]
Thank you in advance

-Clive

wwjdwwjd

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
I just bought a maxtor 500gb external harddrive . I plugged it in yesterday morning and saved all my music documents photos and movies on it. i also backed up to it. before going to bed i switched off my pc without removing the usb cable or ejecting the maxtor harddrive.

When i switched my pc on this morning i could not get into my maxtor harddrive. Windows says it needs formating it shows as 0gb and a different drive letter G instead of H like it was yesterday

Please help i dont know whats happened?

Why cant i get into it?

Has it all been erased?

Why does it say i have to format my maxtor drive?

Please someone help this isnt fair its only a day old.

.......... :( .........thank you

elaine_victor_wwjd@yahoo.co.uk

wwjdwwjd

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
I just bought a maxtor 500gb external harddrive . I plugged it in yesterday morning and saved all my music documents photos and movies on it. i also backed up to it. before going to bed i switched off my pc without removing the usb cable or ejecting the maxtor harddrive.

When i switched my pc on this morning i could not get into my maxtor harddrive. Windows says it needs formating it shows as 0gb and a different drive letter G instead of H like it was yesterday

Please help i dont know whats happened?

Why cant i get into it?

Has it all been erased?

Why does it say i have to format my maxtor drive?

Please someone help this isnt fair its only a day old.

.......... :( .........thank you

elaine_victor_wwjd@yahoo.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS