Help picking out a micro atx mobo for gaming.

Dunar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
Fellas,

I am getting ready to build out a micro atx gaming machine for MMO's, FPS (Crysis, BF2, BF2142, etc...), and watch movies. The case I have is Thermaltake VF1000BWS and I am going to be using a Core2Duo E6600. I am lost in which chipset is the best for gaming. I also want a motherboard that I can upgrade the CPU to in the future to 1333fsb as well as work with the e6600. Also I will need a modular powersupply to keep this puppy juiced up. What would you guys suggest?

Anyhelp is greatly appreciated.

Abit makes the LG-95 board for $50 after rebate (newegg), with support for 1066 fsb core2 duo. If you want to go with wolfdale later, then the asus P5KPL G31 for $80 shipped will work. Most micro atx boards have very limited overclocking options in the bios. The abit board is a good choice as I doubt you will need to upgrade later. For power supplies, can't tell if micro-atx will work with your case. Newegg has one 400w for $40 shipped, but I don't know anything about that brand.

Dunar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
Thanks again fellas, I really appreciate the info. I think I will go for the Gigabyte it looks like it has everything I need. All I got to get now is a modular powersupply!