problem with some pages in ie explorer on xp pro

Gordon

Hi

In some pages in IE explorer - i get a small error message at the bottom of
the left side of the screen saying 'error on page'.

The page that I want to run is for my router set up and I am unable to
change settings that I used to be able to change here.

Does anyone have a suggestion about what I did wrong in IE to make this
happen and how to fix it?

Thanks

Doug

"gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> In some pages in IE explorer - i get a small error message at the
> bottom of the left side of the screen saying 'error on page'.
>
> The page that I want to run is for my router set up and I am unable to
> change settings that I used to be able to change here.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion about what I did wrong in IE to make
> this happen and how to fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Doug

Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
Check the box to Disable script debugging.
Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.

Disable the Script Debugger in IE (Line 142) - Win XP

1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
Internet Options and click Delete Files.

2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

(WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)

3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

4. See also
Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
on This Page
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
Installing Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521

5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
extensions (uncheck & reboot).

5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
check for hijackware anyway):

Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> In some pages in IE explorer - i get a small error message at the
>> bottom of the left side of the screen saying 'error on page'.
>>
>> The page that I want to run is for my router set up and I am unable
>> to change settings that I used to be able to change here.
>>
>> Does anyone have a suggestion about what I did wrong in IE to make
>> this happen and how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Doug
>
> Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
> Check the box to Disable script debugging.
> Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.
>
> Disable the Script Debugger in IE (Line 142) - Win XP
>
> 1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
> Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en
>
> Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to
> Tools | Internet Options and click Delete Files.
>
> 2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>
> 2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll
>
> (WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)
>
> 3. Re-register all DLLs listed in
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
> 4. See also
> Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the
> Script on This Page
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
> Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
> Installing Office 2003
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521
>
> 5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party
> browser extensions (uncheck & reboot).
>
> 5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were
> checked, check for hijackware anyway):
>
> Dealing with Hijackware
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
>
> How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

Copy the words into Notepad and then paste them into a reply here.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Gordon

Thanks Frank

Could I send you the message that i get when I double click on the small
error icon (the yellow triange with '!')?

I have tried most of the solutions to the best of my ability but still no
luck.

Cheers
"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> In some pages in IE explorer - i get a small error message at the
>> bottom of the left side of the screen saying 'error on page'.
>>
>> The page that I want to run is for my router set up and I am unable to
>> change settings that I used to be able to change here.
>>
>> Does anyone have a suggestion about what I did wrong in IE to make
>> this happen and how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Doug
>
> Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
> Check the box to Disable script debugging.
> Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.
>
> Disable the Script Debugger in IE (Line 142) - Win XP
>
> 1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
> Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en
>
> Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
> Internet Options and click Delete Files.
>
> 2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>
> 2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll
>
> (WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)
>
> 3. Re-register all DLLs listed in
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>
> 4. See also
> Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
> on This Page
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
> Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
> Installing Office 2003
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521
>
> 5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
> extensions (uncheck & reboot).
>
> 5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were
> checked,
> check for hijackware anyway):
>
> Dealing with Hijackware
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
>
> How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

Gordon

Thanks Frank

Here is the text in the error box (sometimes the char: appears to be
different - ie it varies each time).

char :1
error : object expected,
code : 0