problem with some pages in ie explorer on xp pro

Hi

In some pages in IE explorer - i get a small error message at the bottom of
the left side of the screen saying 'error on page'.

The page that I want to run is for my router set up and I am unable to
change settings that I used to be able to change here.

Does anyone have a suggestion about what I did wrong in IE to make this
happen and how to fix it?

Thanks

Doug
4 answers Last reply
More about problem pages explorer

    "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > In some pages in IE explorer - i get a small error message at the
    > bottom of the left side of the screen saying 'error on page'.
    >
    > The page that I want to run is for my router set up and I am unable to
    > change settings that I used to be able to change here.
    >
    > Does anyone have a suggestion about what I did wrong in IE to make
    > this happen and how to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Doug

    Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
    Check the box to Disable script debugging.
    Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.

    Disable the Script Debugger in IE (Line 142) - Win XP

    1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
    Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

    Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
    Internet Options and click Delete Files.

    2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

    2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

    (WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)

    3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

    4. See also
    Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
    on This Page
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
    Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
    Installing Office 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521

    5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
    extensions (uncheck & reboot).

    5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
    check for hijackware anyway):

    Dealing with Hijackware
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> In some pages in IE explorer - i get a small error message at the
    >> bottom of the left side of the screen saying 'error on page'.
    >>
    >> The page that I want to run is for my router set up and I am unable
    >> to change settings that I used to be able to change here.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a suggestion about what I did wrong in IE to make
    >> this happen and how to fix it?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Doug
    >
    > Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
    > Check the box to Disable script debugging.
    > Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.
    >
    > Disable the Script Debugger in IE (Line 142) - Win XP
    >
    > 1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
    > Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en
    >
    > Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to
    > Tools | Internet Options and click Delete Files.
    >
    > 2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll
    >
    > 2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll
    >
    > (WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
    > http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)
    >
    > 3. Re-register all DLLs listed in
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    > 4. See also
    > Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the
    > Script on This Page
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
    > Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
    > Installing Office 2003
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521
    >
    > 5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party
    > browser extensions (uncheck & reboot).
    >
    > 5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were
    > checked, check for hijackware anyway):
    >
    > Dealing with Hijackware
    > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    > http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
    >
    > How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

    Copy the words into Notepad and then paste them into a reply here.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Thanks Frank

    Could I send you the message that i get when I double click on the small
    error icon (the yellow triange with '!')?

    I have tried most of the solutions to the best of my ability but still no
    luck.

    Cheers
    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> In some pages in IE explorer - i get a small error message at the
    >> bottom of the left side of the screen saying 'error on page'.
    >>
    >> The page that I want to run is for my router set up and I am unable to
    >> change settings that I used to be able to change here.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a suggestion about what I did wrong in IE to make
    >> this happen and how to fix it?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Doug
    >
    > Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
    > Check the box to Disable script debugging.
    > Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.
    >
    > Disable the Script Debugger in IE (Line 142) - Win XP
    >
    > 1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
    > Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en
    >
    > Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
    > Internet Options and click Delete Files.
    >
    > 2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll
    >
    > 2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll
    >
    > (WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
    > http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)
    >
    > 3. Re-register all DLLs listed in
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    >
    > 4. See also
    > Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
    > on This Page
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
    > Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
    > Installing Office 2003
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521
    >
    > 5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
    > extensions (uncheck & reboot).
    >
    > 5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were
    > checked,
    > check for hijackware anyway):
    >
    > Dealing with Hijackware
    > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    > http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
    >
    > How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260
    >
    > --
    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    > http://www.fjsmjs.com
    > Protect your PC
    > http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

    Thanks Frank

    Here is the text in the error box (sometimes the char: appears to be
    different - ie it varies each time).

    char :1
    error : object expected,
    code : 0

    Thanks

    Doug
    > "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> In some pages in IE explorer - i get a small error message at the
    >>> bottom of the left side of the screen saying 'error on page'.
    >>>
    >>> The page that I want to run is for my router set up and I am unable
    >>> to change settings that I used to be able to change here.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have a suggestion about what I did wrong in IE to make
    >>> this happen and how to fix it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Doug
    >>
    >> Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
    >> Check the box to Disable script debugging.
    >> Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.
    >>
    >> Disable the Script Debugger in IE (Line 142) - Win XP
    >>
    >> 1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
    >> Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en
    >>
    >> Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to
    >> Tools | Internet Options and click Delete Files.
    >>
    >> 2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll
    >>
    >> 2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll
    >>
    >> (WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
    >> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)
    >>
    >> 3. Re-register all DLLs listed in
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    >> 4. See also
    >> Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the
    >> Script on This Page
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
    >> Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
    >> Installing Office 2003
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521
    >>
    >> 5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party
    >> browser extensions (uncheck & reboot).
    >>
    >> 5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were
    >> checked, check for hijackware anyway):
    >>
    >> Dealing with Hijackware
    >> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    >> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
    >>
    >> How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260
    >
    > Copy the words into Notepad and then paste them into a reply here.
    >
    > --
    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    > http://www.fjsmjs.com
    > Protect your PC