ATI HDTV Adapter

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
May 15, 2005 1:09:23 PM

Hi,

I have a Toshiba 55HX70 television and I am trying to get the ATI HDTV
adapater working with it. I am using the latest version of ATI
Catalyst and Powerstrip.

I am wondering if anyone know where I can find the refresh rate for
this television.

I would like to operate at 1024x768 in 1080i, or in some appropriate
widescreen res, as the television automatically enters Letterbox mode
on detecting the 1080i signal.

I am using an ATI Radeon 9600.

If any more details are needed, let me know.

TIA,
Adam

More about : ati hdtv adapter

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 9:23:42 PM

Adam (dohertywa@hotmail.com) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
> I have a Toshiba 55HX70 television and I am trying to get the ATI HDTV
> adapater working with it. I am using the latest version of ATI
> Catalyst and Powerstrip.

The lastest ATI Catalyst doesn't require Powerstrip at all.

> I would like to operate at 1024x768 in 1080i, or in some appropriate
> widescreen res, as the television automatically enters Letterbox mode
> on detecting the 1080i signal.

Just use the Catalyst Control Center to set this up. It allows you to
set the real display mode (what Windows sees as the "resolution") within
the output signal. A lot of people are using something like 1600x960
within a 1920x1080/60i output.

--
Jeff Rife |
| http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/ShermansLagoon/OtherWhiteM...
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 10:28:10 PM

"Adam" <dohertywa@hotmail.com> wrote (in part):

>I have a Toshiba 55HX70 television and I am trying to get the ATI HDTV
>adapater working with it. I am using the latest version of ATI
>Catalyst and Powerstrip.
>
>I am wondering if anyone know where I can find the refresh rate for
>this television.

The manual should say, but at a minimum I expect it handles the ATSC
rates in common use: 1080i, 720p, 480i/p.

>I would like to operate at 1024x768 in 1080i,

This is meaningless. They're two different resolutions. 1080i would
be 1920x1080 for 16:9.

> or in some appropriate
>widescreen res, as the television automatically enters Letterbox mode
>on detecting the 1080i signal.
>
>I am using an ATI Radeon 9600.

Powerstrip comes with a number of predefined resolutions and scan
rates, including some for HDTV. Display profiles|Configure|Advanced
timing options|Custom resolutions will give you a list. You can find
tweaking tips here:
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/powerstrip.html

I started to list a bunch of other good pages, but this page has links
to all of them.

The biggest problem with PC display on HDTV is overscan: some things
you need to see or click on are off the screen. The latest version of
Powerstrip claims to improve that. I haven't installed it yet. You
might also want to install MultiRes (free from Entech Taiwan), which
replaces Windows' QuickRes and adds a few features.

Del Mibbler
!