Q6600 VID 1.2375 thinking of selling

Perp

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
As the title says I'm thinking of selling my Q6600 with a 1.2375 VID.

It is also lapped. I didn't pollish it to a shine or even go through the nickel plating completely but you can see certainly see the difference it made.

At any rate what do you think I should try to get for it?

I'm going to try an e8400 and pocket the leftovers if you're currious as to why I'm selling it.

Perp

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008

I'm sure I can sell a known low VID Q6600 for at least the cost of an oem Q6600.

jay_l_a

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008

Perhaps you're right.

Maybe somebody else would give a better answer. But I look at it this way.

Q6600 = $250 new

they're coming down in price soon.

Take it to maybe $200

It's second hand, and has no warranty. That was worth a lot to me.

We're now at maybe $120.

You've lapped it and potentially damaged it. hmmm, ok, maybe we're down to $70.

For this reason I rarely buy used, because I don't think the price reflects the risks you take.
I'm sure you'll find someone to take it off your hands for more than this.

However, my point remains. I think you'll be adding to, rather than pocketing any difference to move to a E8400.

I'm not trying to be overly negative, just don't get your hopes up. Maybe check completed auctions on ebay, and see what they are selling for....

Perp

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
It's certainly not damaged.

I'm on it right now still running happily at 3.6 under 1.33 volts.

Core temps are 36-40 at idle. Not bad considering I live in Florida and ambient temps are already going up in the house. IMO, there are enthusiast willing to part with $200-225 to guarantee a Q6600 with good OC potential.

Heck I've only purchased the thing at the beginning of February and the price of the OEM Q6600 at newegg has gone up $10 since then.

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
LOL, what the hell is up with that? And I am sure you can sell it, thats E Bay, right? Maybe I will give it a shot! Haha!

And who is that moron? Possibly damaged? Hahaha, thats funny. If it was possibly damaged it wouldnt work! The risks you take? The odds of a used one going out is about the same as a new one, if it works when you get it! Come on, look where we are at? 10 mins of testing and you'd know if it was damaged or just what he said it was.

Unless you are an idiot. Thats what pay pal is for! 45 days to open your mouth and they seize that money! Its buyer and sell protection. Boy, smart people out here, not knowing how to secure a deal.

I use pay pal alot because I get that FREE extra 45 days of protection! On top of whatever else you discussed. Even if you didnt agree on anything, you still have PAY PAL's 45 days.

Just think... open your mind!

--Lupi

jay_l_a

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
Thanks Lupi for your balanced and informed response.

USED items are cheaper as there are inherent risks when buying used. Large retailers can charge a premium, and for that you get
1. Guaranteed new item
2. Buyer protection.

remove these, and from my perspective, I'm not going to pay as much.

Are you suggesting you'd pay 90-95% retail price for something off ebay?
Perhaps I need to start selling used cars.

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007

Excellent point, everyone's view differs and all argument here is based on opinion and/or experience, so there is no wrong answer.

This is a rather special case. A Q6600 with a 1.2375VID, which means it's a verified excellent OCing chip, and the only way to know this is to use it. This is not your typical 1.3000VID (Poor OCing) Q6600, so a price near or even above the retail price is expected. To the average person, it's totally not worth it, but to the enthusiast, this is a dream come true.

Anyways to Perp: I'm sure there are eager buyers out there, so you might get quite the deal on it. If I had the money to buy this, I'd pay some where from $170 - $200.

Mondoman

Splendid
I suspect jay's right, but the proof will be an actual buyer willing to pay real money; since none of us are willing to do so, our opinions aren't worth so much. Let us know what you get for it, perp.

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Yeah, but even a high VID chip for 125 bucks isnt a bad deal, who cares if its used for a little while? Mine will be going to craigs list when I am done with the testing just so I get some of the money back!

If I were to sell my mid and low VID chips, the price would near retail. And my 1.2000 is not for sale! Mine!! 3.6 under 1.3 volts loaded! Yee haw!

LOL!

--Lupi!

Perp

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Yep I'll let you know.

I've really just started getting frustrated with my inability to get a high FSB stable with the Q6600. I seem to be hitting a wall at 440fsb.

Perhaps I can wait for the price drop on a Q6700 for the 10x multiplier. Though, I really should just give up my quest for a 4ghz quad since I don't want to suck it up and buy the Q6700 or QX9650.

Edit - forgot to mention.

I am getting some nice 100% load temps with this Q6600 at 3.6ghz.

Idle ~40c
Load ~50c

Lapped Q6600
Lapped Xigmatek HDT-S1283

TehPwn

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2008
You know im really interested in buying this CPU, but im in the UK, if yuo are interested still please let me know, Alex!