cpu harware tester /diagnostic test bad CHIPS

tbarr

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
thanks for the sarcastic reply ...if i had 50 different chips do you think i would buy 50 mobo,s to test them duhh...

also a bad chip can ruin a good mobo...
i have motherboard hardware analysers 2bit & 4 Bit

just want to know if any one makes a analyser for cpu's yet
they probally never will ...

as for you $10,000.00 motherboards your gettin the shaft up dirt road
happy holidays yuk yuk..
tbarr

Mondoman

Splendid
Yes, of course Intel and AMD have specialized testers for their chips, but they probably cost more like $100k, not just $10k. It's hard to see how a bad chip without any obviously-visible defect could ruin a good MB, so I wouldn't worry about that so much. Just get a few MBs (remember that the LGA775 CPU mounting mechanism is only guaranteed to work for 20 CPU mounting cycles), and run your favorite software to test the CPU.

tbarr

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
yes amd & Intel have a test unit thats how ...they judge the speed of the chips ...chips that dont pass get sold as lower mhz chips or pitched

you would think if they can make an analyzer for mo bo's that somebody could at least make a FSB & Cache Tester for various cpu's
probaly wont happen thought ....

it would help overclockers too ...they do make them for cars and trucks to reset computer parameters to bump up HP & Tork ..
you would think they could make something for computer chips

but its a pitch your old computer mentality from intel & amd and buy a new one ...

happy holidays
tbarr