Good Coller For GIGABYTE GA-EX38-DQ6

SirMoby

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Is it just me or does it appear that the memory slots are a little close to the processor on a GIGABYTE GA-EX38-DQ6?

I'm purchasing one for my Q9450 that I want to OC 3.6 for video processing. Gaming is not an issue for me. I want to use G. Skill DDR2 1066 RAM and put everything into a P182 case. I'm curious about heat sinks. I really like the Scythes because they're known for being quiet and this system will run in my home office 24/7 however some of these sinks seem huge. I like the Karma Cross because it seems like it might cool the entire MOBO but there certainly are some advantages to using a different model and point it straight at an exhaust fan in the P182.

Thermalright products just seem very hard to come by these days or I'd just buy one of those and use a quiet Scythe fan.

Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
the scythe mugan is not the best option as its very very big in every side of it!so it will get in the way of anything around the cpu socket.plus the fan you will put onto it will also increase its dimension further.if there is room quad fan mounting is the best option for 24/7 operation.