Sony Vaio Keyboard

cogi

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
Hi,
I am having a problem with my keyboard on my Sony Vaio PCG-FX801 notebook. The keyboard suddenly stopped working. None of the keys are working. I opened the notebook and unscrewed the keyboard. When the keyboard is NOT touching the metal parts of the notebook, they keyboard works normally. However when I screw the keyboard back on, it will not work again, because it is touching the metal parts. Can somebody tell me how to repair this probably. I am assuming the keyboard has to touch the metal parts, especially because there are copper-colored tapes in on differen components, leadign me to think, that it is done for a reason.

Thanks.

cogi

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
You mean the flat green cord? What should I check? It looks fine (with layman's eyes), I detached and re-attached it. My notebook is still open now. When I lift the keyboard so that the metal part of the keyboard is not touching any metal parts on the notebook, it works fine. When I put it back so that the metal parts touch, it does not work.

cogi

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
have been doing some more testing. It seems that, when the keyboard is touching the metal part of the notebook, the notebook is registering that the ctrl key is being pressed. Something maybe shorted out. What to do now?