I need some Cooler Options

Dom

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2004
Hello All,

I want to buy a new cooler, but I need one of those 'cheap-and-good' stuff.

Good because my Pentium D (socket LGA775) is already too hot without o/c.

Cheap because... well... I'm Brazilian, and those things are usually too expensive here. Sometimes something costs X dollars and here the price is four times higher. Damn taxes.

The other problem is: not every brand is easy to come. Most are quite difficult, indeed.

So, with all those problems, I'd like to which cooler should I buy.

I've some ideas... mostly zalman coolers: CNPS 7000-CU or CNPS 7700-CU are good possibilities, I just don't know if they:
a) Are a good option;
b) Would fit my motherboard (ASUS P5LD2 SE);

They'd probably fit my case (around 40 cm high, 20 cm large at front).

Other option would be the 9500 led.

Well... I'd like to hear (read?) some opinions on those products (they're a bit old, right, but they're still good?).. and maybe some other option.

Thanks!

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
if you on a tight budget you should always take a look at the Coolermaster Hyper TX2 or the Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro.those 2 cooler give very good cooling performance for the price you pay for(here anyway and anywhere round the world.)

Dom

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2004

I couldn't find ACF7P here, but the CHTX2 have a really good price.

What's the meaning of 'long life bearing'? It's a more durable version of sleeve bearing?

What's better: CHTX2 or Zalman's CNPS 7500?

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
zalman fan is more expensive then the Hyper TX2.but if your budget allow then its always to have the better product rite:) there are many different types of fan bearing some are more quieter and some can spin faster and some that can last longer.but they are all capable of running until you change your rig.