Need Help First time Building

jojo_61

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
I'm new at building so might not be familar with the pc language. so plase excuse me ahead time. Any assist greatly appreciated!!

Here's my parts:

Mobo Gigabyte GA-p35C DS3R
Intel E6850
MSI 8800 GTS 640MB
PSU Coolermaster Real Pwr 650
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX 2Gb (1gb each)
WD Raptor X (kinda nosy when its loading lots of scratching sounds)
Cm Stacker 830 Case

I think i plug everything correctly or at least i hope. Installed xp did my window udpates then asks my to restart. Restarted now it boots up for about 3secs or so back fan spins. processor fan starts to spin then shuts off. then repeats it self over and over until i turn off the power from behind. Nothing on screen just blank/black screen. Whats the problem? Can someone please help.

I'm new so here's an question for you expert. How do indicate if my mobo has power is there an indicator light anywhere. For my pc when i plug the psu into the pc without turnign it on the mobo has a green light indicator. I believe its from intel. Does anyone know if Gigabyte have anythign like that becuase i dont' see any lights at all. dont'have a clue if there's power or enough power.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Given it could be any number of things the easiest thing to do would be to tear it down taking the mobo out of the case. Make sure you have the precise number of standoffs, no more, no less. Connect the monitor and start it up. If that's OK, put in one stick of RAM, etc. Once you have the RAM in, install it in the case making sure you have a screw for each standoff. Then install a drive and test it.

akhilles

Splendid
The board doesn't seem to have led lights. The only way to tell if it receives power is listen to the sound of the fans & look at the case & fan lights.

Did you just update bios?