My Final Upgrade Before PCI-E HELP ME!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 3, 2007 4:58:35 AM

2.8ghz processor
Windows XP
1G Ram
Nvidia 6600

NEED A GAMING CARD!!

I have run into yet another problem with picking out a graphics card that is THE BEST for AGP I Really don't feel like upgrading right now since I don't have the money to do so. What I need help with is what is the best card that i can get for my computer still on AGP from ATI that will run all the new games good...I currently have a Nvidia 7950GT on Order with Buy.com but they say its still out of stock and for all i know it might be out for a long time.

Thanks.

More about : final upgrade pci

December 3, 2007 6:10:05 AM

Why do you have the PCI-e 7950GT if you have only AGP?
December 4, 2007 2:33:04 PM

the 7950 is available as an AGP card. At least, it was once, not sure if there are any floating around anymore.

Suggestion for OP: Wait and see if they release the 38x0s in AGP flavor, then go for those. I myself am sitting on a 6600GT myself and I am waiting. If they don't, I'm probably going with a 2600XT (I will be giving this machine away in May to a friend and building a new PCIE machine then).
Related resources
December 4, 2007 2:57:37 PM

The best AGP card currently available is the X1950 XT, but the new Radeon 3850 should be arriving on the AGP scene soon...

With your 2.8 Ghz processor though, a better, cheaper, and easier to find fit for that system would be a Radeon 2600 XT like OOOwatah suggested. Your CPU is going to bottleneck you a fair amount anyway in newer stuff.
December 4, 2007 9:00:18 PM

2.8ghz cpu...that has to be a Pentium. I agree with the rest on the 2600XT, unless you want to spend $200+ on a HD3850.
!