paq7512

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
I have the Samsung 226BW and wow that monitor is great. As far as ACER goes I have seen some crappy pictures and some that seem just fine.

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
i cant even believe that there are people out there that would put Acer and Samsung on the same table. haha, Now i've seen it all

What your asking is "Audi or Hyundai V6"

pip_seeker

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
It really depends on what you will be viewing with the monitor? If you are just using the computer to go on line and maybe play a few video games then is really spending extra money worth it? I doubt it.

I tried to view the links you posted and I got dns pages so it really depends on the specs of the monitors and what all is involved. Some of these monitors can still be analog displays while some are digital that could easy explain a better picture on occasion depending on what you're doing.

I just bought a 20" acer [computer monitor] on black friday and like it so much I've been looking for another one at the same price. However, my use for them is mostly 2D apps as these are analog LCD's. For what I am doing digital is kinda overkill.

I'm an occasional gamer not enough though to spend the extra money to make anything higher end worthwhile.

If the specs are similar then all you're doing is paying for a name IMHO. Now, if we were talking about LCD TV's that's an entirely different story.

I've bought expensive monitors before and they go bad sooner or later just like lower end counter parts and Acer is really not that bad of a name brand. If you were going to enter them in a beauty contest or have your computer room featured on the front of a magazine then maybe the choice should be contemplated further.

If you plan to use this monitor to view movies, or heavy 3D programs, video games etc, then the upper end model may suit your needs better. It would help to know what the specs are of the monitors in question and difference in cost.