High Density Industrial

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Hey guys, I'm havin problems with not enough industrial. My city is
relatively young (7 yrs or so) and I don't have enough industry. I know
what most would say, build more..but I can't build more otherwise it
would conflict with my residential. Is high density a good thing to do
in this early of a city? Pollution is mostly under control but I'm
worried about the other effects it might have on my city.

Thx in advance,
AJ
4 answers Last reply
More about high density industrial
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    How big is the city? How many residential sims? How big is industry?
    You need thousands of industrial jobs to convert to high-density, and
    probably tens of thousands of sims. Not too difficult, especially for
    larger cities.

    I recommend you go to simcity4.ea.com or www.sc4ever.com for tips.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    Admiral_DanielSBen@excite.com wrote:
    > How big is the city? How many residential sims? How big is industry?
    > You need thousands of industrial jobs to convert to high-density, and
    > probably tens of thousands of sims. Not too difficult, especially for
    > larger cities.
    >
    > I recommend you go to simcity4.ea.com or www.sc4ever.com for tips.

    Ah, thanks. City was around 8,000 or so at the time. I just went ahead
    and put in some high density industrial over my medium density. It
    didn't build right away. Was a small map size so I was kinda pressed
    for space. City ended up not working out too well, ran out of money and
    in my last attempt to mass-populate the area I got stuck with some
    garbage problems. Kept different water systems for industrial,
    residential/commercial but water pollution was still a big issue. Guess
    I didn't keep em far enoguh a part and the waters mixed. Thx for the
    input.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    "AJ" <lazreth@excite.com> wrote in message
    > garbage problems. Kept different water systems for industrial,
    > residential/commercial but water pollution was still a big issue. Guess

    I've never tried that, does it help in some way?

    Mike
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    "Mike" <mike_tlnoREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "AJ" <lazreth@excite.com> wrote in message
    >> garbage problems. Kept different water systems for industrial,
    >> residential/commercial but water pollution was still a big issue. Guess
    >
    > I've never tried that, does it help in some way?
    >
    > Mike

    I don't think so. You can get a neighbor tile going and import water.

Games Build Video Games