Upgrading dv9000t HDD

G

Okay well I need some advice and this looks like a nice forum to ask it...

I have an HP Pavilion dv9000t laptop. It currently has a Fujitsu MHV2080BH, 80GB, 5400 RPM, 8MB Cache, SATA 1.5Gb/s. I would like to upgrade to a 320 but am not familiar with SATA, I'm still living in the IDE era.

I emailed HP's customer support and asked if the hard drive in the link below will compatible with my laptop. He told me No, then said it has a maximum of 200GB. What the hell, I've never scene a modern computer with GB limit. Then the link he provided to the place I could buy it from was a 250GB one, so I don't think he knows what the heck he's talking about.

Anyway, can anyone or even a few people would be better, convince me one way or the other that this will or won't work with my laptop?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149072

Thanks a lot!
- Mike

G

Okay thanks! I kind of though so, because the one their pushing on me is the highest GB available in their part store (not that I'd ever buy an hd there anyway).

Also, I assume since the one I have is 1.5Gb/s, a 3.0Gb/s will not work in it? I don't know how to tell what it supports even after checking the specifications in the service manual pdf.

G

Bought one, installed fresh Vista, and it works great!