Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Broken LCD on 24" Dell Monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 3, 2007 8:28:30 PM

My 24" LCD monitor fell over and the LCD cracked. I've contacted Dell and of course it's not under warranty. They don't even offer the option for repair. So, I was wondering if anyone knows of a repair company that can repair this monitor? I've called several and all of them say they can't get the part. Any help would be appreciated.
December 3, 2007 8:30:34 PM

Unfortunately, I'd bet the replacement LCD panel would be almost as expensive as a new monitor.
December 3, 2007 8:52:36 PM

Agreed. Factoring in the cost of parts and labour, not to mention the time it would even take to have a repair shop order the part, wait for the part, receive the part and install the part, you've got to figure that it'd be cheaper and easier to get a new display.

At the very least your new LCD would have a full warranty and you could get it faster than if you were to take your old one in for repairs.
Related resources
December 3, 2007 8:58:40 PM

Buy a new monitor I made the mistake of sending off a broken 17'' LCD monitor got the bill for $200 and the monitor stopped working after 2 months.
December 3, 2007 9:23:41 PM

Find the same model on ebay with a broken backlight or similar, and crack out the soldering iron!
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2007 9:52:22 PM

cleeve said:
Unfortunately, I'd bet the replacement LCD panel would be almost as expensive as a new monitor.

Agreed
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 2, 2012 5:23:24 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!