Sign in with
Your question

Usb port speed increase

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
April 25, 2010 4:33:53 PM

Hello,
my webcam's sending and receiving speed is very low. pls give me software to increase speed
April 25, 2010 6:06:16 PM

For USB 1.0-1.0 ports you are limtied to 6MB/s transfer speed. For USB 2.0 ports you are limtied to a theoretical 60MB/s and a more realisitc 30-40MB/s speed. There is no way to improve this speed as it is a hardware limitation.

Ensuring you are using a USB 2.0 port cable and webcam and unplugging any other USB except mouse and keyboard will ensure you get the fastest speed possible.

No software is available to help.
m
l
June 11, 2010 2:11:40 PM

The issue is probably not with your webcam speed but with your internet conection, unless I'm misreading your question. Do you mean the recipient of the image sees a poor image, stuttering and such? Most webcams take a pretty low resolution picture that will run just fine on any modern USB port.
m
l
June 12, 2010 3:48:34 AM

Quote:
The issue is probably not with your webcam speed but with your internet conection, unless I'm misreading your question. Do you mean the recipient of the image sees a poor image, stuttering and such? Most webcams take a pretty low resolution picture that will run just fine on any modern USB port.

that could definitely be the case. if youre connecting to the ports which are on your motherboard, they're most probably usb 2.0. the usb ports on your cabinet are sometimes usb 1.0. id say its more of the first case. if youre vids are taking a long time to buffer, its the net's fault.... If im not wrong, your webcam should not be receiving any data.
m
l
!