Sign in with
Your question

What's the best fan controller?

Last response: in Overclocking
April 14, 2008 4:36:41 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble finding advice on fan controllers and figured I'd check in here. I'm looking at hooking up a minimum 4 fans and I want something that either is hidden at the back of my case or looks decent on the front. What are some good ones you guys use?

Thanks.

More about : fan controller

April 14, 2008 5:38:38 PM

I take it the Sunbeam (with its 20W per channel) can handle 4 120mm fans, something a couple of the fan controllers I've looked into cannot without lighting on fire (something I'm looking to avoid). My only problem with the Sunbeam is how it looks, my case theme is black/red and the bright blue LED's on the Sunbeam might not look the greatest. I'm willing to pay more money for something that looks better, anything else?

I've been looking at the Scythe KAMA METER, read some good reviews for it and then checked out the New Egg reviews, ouch... not a good product?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
April 14, 2008 6:49:09 PM

all fan controller are basically the same.but which one to buy is depend on your taste and how flashy you want it to be.personally i own 4 fan controller nothing is too different.do the same job.but one got full led screen display with 3 diffferent colour and controll via USB and windows.one of them got some fancy blue light and 4 speed control.

so do you want single slot or dual slot fan controller?plus to the point a 120mm fan doesnt consumer more then 5W the max!so any fan controller will survive.
April 15, 2008 4:54:51 PM

I'm a fan of the Zalman MFC1 Plus-B Black 6 Channel Multi Fan Controller.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
6 channels, blue led on low, or basically quarter turn to turn up fan and led changes to red. Only handles 3 pin fans and if I remember right high voltage fans dont work so well. But I absolutely love it and if your case is black and red this will look real good.
April 15, 2008 10:26:44 PM

FusoyaX said:
I take it the Sunbeam (with its 20W per channel) can handle 4 120mm fans, something a couple of the fan controllers I've looked into cannot without lighting on fire (something I'm looking to avoid). My only problem with the Sunbeam is how it looks, my case theme is black/red and the bright blue LED's on the Sunbeam might not look the greatest. I'm willing to pay more money for something that looks better, anything else?

20W per channel, so depending on how many watts a single fan takes, you can have up to 5 fans per channel. Since there's 4 channels, you can control 20 fans.

When you turn the knob below the half way point, the bright blue leds turn red: http://www.xoxide.com/subl4poblred.html?productid=subl4...
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 5, 2010 6:40:18 PM

Product Description Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - processor cooler
Product Type Processor cooler
Compatibility Socket 775
Fan Diameter 92 mm
Fan Height 43.5 mm
Rotation Speed 300-2500 rpm
Air Flow 45 cfm
Dimensions (WxDxH) 10.7 cm x 9.7 cm x 12.7 cm
Weight 520 g
Manufacturer Warranty 6 years warranty

Install this fan toghether with a strong 700wats source that has the fan directed towards the cpu and you will never need anything at all.
I am a gamer and a enthusiast.
!