Big problem with my e4300!

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
*edit* PROBLEM FIXED! Yelling at it and taking it apart 100% and putting it all back together somehow fix it....

Normally I had my e4300 overclocked to 3.2 ghz 100% stable and pretty low temps with my liquid cooling.

Now this morning when I booted up my PC I noticed it said it was running at 1.6ghz (1.6 because I had to lower the multiplier to 8 to achieve it being able to even post @ 3.2ghz)

This was strange I thought but most likely a simple error so I go into bios and see that NOTHING is wrong. All my settings were the exact same so I decided to just try to boot up again and still the same problem. So then I checked with CPU-Z which confirmed that I am indeed going at 1.6ghz.
So I reset my bios all back to defaults and did a whole redo on them and still the problem exists.

My findings is I can't overclock at all. I can successfully change the multiplier to 9 to achieve the normal 1.8 ghz. It won't even do a extremely minor overclock. Thinking perhaps my CMOS battery may be the problem only to come to realize it would reset everything right? Not just keep it intact but just not executing it.

e4300
p35-ds3l
800 ddr2

*edit* I updated my bios and the problem still exists.

Any ideas?