Windows 2003 and Direct Draw...

snickered

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
I have a video monitoring system that required several terabytes of HD space. Since I was told that Windows XP didn't handle the amount of HD space needed I had to resort to Windows 2003. So, now that I have the HD thing covered I have uncovered a video problem. I can't find any video cards that have drivers for Windows 2003. In particular I need a card that supports Direct Draw. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a card that has drivers for Windows 2003? TIA!

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
I can't imagine what you're looking for. All Nvidia and ATI video cards of the last several years work under Win2003. In most cases you'll find Win2003 as part of the description for an XP driver, since both OS's uses the same drivers.

snickered

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
When I go here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I don't see much for Windows 2003. The video card I tried 7200GS with the Windows XP drivers constantly BSOD's. I can recreate the problem when I do the Direct Draw test within dxdiag. That's why I would like to hear from someone that actually has a nice video card working with their Windows 2003 Server. I can't afford the time of trying the Windows XP drivers for several cards.