Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Older Flash Player .exe files?

Last response: in Social Networking
January 9, 2013 12:06:26 AM

I want to download either FP 8 or 9 for Win2K Pro, and they MUST be .exe files; if I try to run other file types it never works, and quite frankly I'm at the end of my rope messing with them. I sure hope you guys can help...any ideas?

PS; Adobe doesn't archive any of their older versions in .exe format, and OldApps no longer has FP downloads of any sort.
January 23, 2013 3:06:28 AM

Thanks Ken, but I've already went that route and got thoroughly frustrated. The thing I hate about zip files is that they always seem to unpack like half a dozen different files; I'm not a computer whiz, I have no idea which one of those files I'm supposed to run to make it work.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

January 23, 2013 3:31:38 AM

9xer said:
Thanks Ken, but I've already went that route and got thoroughly frustrated. The thing I hate about zip files is that they always seem to unpack like half a dozen different files; I'm not a computer whiz, I have no idea which one of those files I'm supposed to run to make it work.

If you have downloaded and unzipped the files you could try looking in the folder labeled "r42" which is the "fp8_archive" folder. Try executing this file: flashplayer8rd42_win.exe. If I am not mistaken that would be the last release of Flash Player 8. If that doesn't work you can try the flashplayer8rd42_winax.exe file (ax = Active X).
January 28, 2013 12:20:33 AM

Best answer selected by 9xer.
m
l
January 28, 2013 12:22:22 AM

Thanks Ken, I'll have to give that a shot.
m
l
!