Sign in with
Your question

HELP!!! Foxconn P35A with Q6600 Overclock

Last response: in Overclocking
April 14, 2008 10:49:25 PM

Hi I recently started overclocking my PC, and after some time, I managed to get some decent results, but there are a lot of bios features I don't know, so I need some advise on the settings I should use to maybe overclock my PC a little higher or improve its performance.

Motherboard: Foxconn P35A
CPU: Intel Q6600 GO stepping
RAM: Kingston HyperX (4 x 1GB) DDR2 800 PC2 6400, 4-4-4-12, 1.95V, KHX6400D2LLK2/2G
Graphics Card: 8800 GT 512 MB
CPU Cooler: Scythe Infinity
PSU: CoolerMaster 550 W
Case: Antec P180

I was able to get to 1400MHZ FSB taking the CPU to 3.15 GHZ (350 MHZ@9X Mpultiplier) with low voltage settings and about 60ªC on coretemp using Prime95 Stress test on all 4 cores. Then, no matter how much I Raise the Voltage settings, its impossible to get any higher without errors running Prime95.

I Know the Motherboard lacks of an FSB voltage setting in the BIOS which may be why its difficult to get higher frequencies, but I think it should be possible to get a little farther. (By the way, after BIOS Update, I am able to use a CPU FSB to DRAM clock ratio of 1:1, so the memory won't be a problem at all).

Now to the point: There are a lot of settings on the BIOS you may be able to help me with, by telling me the correct value and if you like, tell me why.

FOX CENTRAL CONTROL UNIT:

Spread Spectrum
Memory remap Feature
Memory Hole
Super Clock Free
Intel Speedstep Tech
C1E Support
Hardware Prefetcher
Ajust Cache Line Prefetch
Max CPUID Value Limit
Intel Virtualization Tech
CPU TM Function
Execute Disable Bit Cap
Multi core Processing

Other features not related to overclocking:
PCI/PNP RESOURCE MANAGEMENT:

Plug and play O/S
PCI Latency Timer
Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA
Palette Snooping
PCI IDE BusMaster

BOOT CONFIG FEATURES:

Interrupt 19 Capture.

Most of the options are enable/Disable or yes/no, so as I Said, I only need to know which setting to chose and if you have enough patience you could tell me why. I didn't talk much about voltages, cause as I told you, once I got to 3.15 GHZ it didn't matter How much I raised them, I couldn't get the PC stable and I had a lot of room to raise voltages.

Thanks in advance.
April 14, 2008 10:54:10 PM

can you list numbers for overclocking such as FSB multiplier and other voltages available.
April 14, 2008 10:54:42 PM

You need to increase that fsb voltage. If the bios doesn't let you, it's a problem. There is no way around it. Until you solve that problem, nothing else will make a difference.
Related resources
April 14, 2008 11:03:29 PM

iluvgillgill said:
can you list numbers for overclocking such as FSB multiplier and other voltages available.

"I was able to get to 1400MHZ FSB taking the CPU to 3.15 GHZ (350 MHZ@9X Mpultiplier) with low voltage settings and about 60ªC on coretemp using Prime95 Stress test on all 4 cores. Then, no matter how much I Raise the Voltage settings, its impossible to get any higher without errors running Prime95."

"CPU FSB to DRAM clock ratio of 1:1"

I'm not writing about the voltages, because I raise all of them (a little and then a lot) and sitill am not able to get my pc past 3.15GHZ

Vcore 1.3V
VRam 1.95V
VChipset 1.8V
April 14, 2008 11:05:13 PM

rojito can you list what voltage you can adjust and the min/max value for them as it would easier for us to help:) 
!