DG31PR Restart problem

bagharbilla

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2007
I bought new motherboard its " INTEL MATX G31 LGA775 SATA VGA BULK" (DG31PR) and "ASUS EN7200GS/HTD/256M " graphic card. Now I am having a strange problem, when I restart computer (from windows xp restart button) or i restart from the computer (hardware) restart button, computer just freezes on the first screen (showing intel motherboard logo). It doesnt do anything there, but if i power off the computer and power on again, it goes to windows normally.
I tried by removing graphic card but it doesn't help.
any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks,

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
With the new card in, make sure it's fully slotted, when the machine starts up hit the Delete key, which should take you into the BIOS. Disable the onboard video. Also, somewhere in the BIOS, probably in the Boot menu, set the machine not to use the Intel screen at start up. This will give you information about what problems the system is encountering

bagharbilla

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2007
Thanks for your kind reply. I checked again and the card is fully slotted. and in the bios i made the primary graphics to the PCIE slot (as i could not find the disable onboard video option.)
Could you please tell how i can make it not to use the intel screen at startup? because i could not find any option like that in all the bios settings.
In the boot section, only these things exist
Boot Menu type
Boot device priority
Hard drive order
CD/DVD drive order
Boot to optical devices
Boot to Removable devices
Boot to network
USB boot
ZIP Emulation type
Boot USB devices first
USB Mass storage emulation type

thanks again for your help.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Just checked the manual for the P31 mobo but there was nothing regarding the BIOS other than how to up date them. In the BIOS there should be a Tab for Advanced Settings or something like that and under this Tab there should be something referring to On Board devices. Under this there should be a reference to the on board video. Highlight it, hit enter and an option should be to disable it. All BIOSs are slightly different so you have have to look under each tab and you may have to open several items to find the video. There should also be a Start Up Tab or something like that one option should be to use the Intel screen. Again open it and set it to No. Intel makes good boards but they give you very limited BIOS options as well as a crappy manual in that they don't seem to have anything on the BIOS settings, which means you have to go in and just look around. There should definitely be settings to disable the video as well as not start up with the Intel screen.

G

I also have the same problem with a DG31PR, only when I restar the computer.
Could you help me?

borrison

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Yes i think it is the USB mouse or keyboard, i also have the sam problem, but only when i change to a PS/2 mouse. i work now with USB mouse