Explorer will not show Application Data on external hard d..

July 19, 2005 4:01:34 AM

Doing a search reveals that both my C drive and E drive (Maxtor external
hard drive) have the folder Application Data.

I have chosen under Folder Options to allow all files to be shown.
Indeed, all files appear for the C drive, but not all appear on the E drive.

What can I do to have to do to view the E drive hidden files?
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 11:24:59 AM

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:01:34 -0400, richard wrote:

> Doing a search reveals that both my C drive and E drive (Maxtor external
> hard drive) have the folder Application Data.
>
> I have chosen under Folder Options to allow all files to be shown.
> Indeed, all files appear for the C drive, but not all appear on the E drive.
>
> What can I do to have to do to view the E drive hidden files?

Perhaps the folder on E: is in a zip or backup file? XP Search will list
contents of zip files and some other file types that it perceives as zip
files.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User