Explorer will not show Application Data on external hard d..

Doing a search reveals that both my C drive and E drive (Maxtor external
hard drive) have the folder Application Data.

I have chosen under Folder Options to allow all files to be shown.
Indeed, all files appear for the C drive, but not all appear on the E drive.

What can I do to have to do to view the E drive hidden files?
1 answer Last reply
More about explorer show application data external hard

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:01:34 -0400, richard wrote:

    > Doing a search reveals that both my C drive and E drive (Maxtor external
    > hard drive) have the folder Application Data.
    >
    > I have chosen under Folder Options to allow all files to be shown.
    > Indeed, all files appear for the C drive, but not all appear on the E drive.
    >
    > What can I do to have to do to view the E drive hidden files?

    Perhaps the folder on E: is in a zip or backup file? XP Search will list
    contents of zip files and some other file types that it perceives as zip
    files.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User