Cooling for CM Stacker 830SE

convo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
I just bought 4 Scythe S-Flex 120mm Fans. I was planing on installing all 4 on the door of my case. That would leave me with 5 intake and 1 exhaust out the back. I have room for 1 more fan on the top but was just gonna leave it empty b/c heat rises. Does anyone have a similar setup? Do you think that would be too much intake? I don't know much about the whole cooling thing.

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Well idk about similar setup, but since you have a lot of intake and hot air rises, why not make the top an exhaust fan. That way the hot air in the top is forced out

convo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
My comp sits in a cubby hole inside a desk. I already have to cut a big hole on the side of my desk so more air can get in on the side of my case where the new fans will be. I have about an inch of room between the top of my case and the wood of my desk so I didn't think putting a fan on the top would help much.

sdnerf

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I have the same excellent case, using a tuniq tower for the CPU, also an excellent product. I use the top fan port to pull the air out, use one in the front to pull air in over the HDs, one in the back, to push it out, and one in the lower side to pull cool air in from the floor. I have noticed that the video card produces a lot of heat and the case temps are higher than the CPU temps 19/40c. I have ordered a thermalright HR-03 GT to cool the 8800GTS 512 (92) and will install another case fan to aide with air movement. Bottom line is use that top case vent, its the most effective one in the case.