BIOS UPDATAe for overclocking

nines-

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Hi!!

I have and am2 board and m trying tp over clock my 5000+ be cpu.
but the problem is i cant set the voltage! Theres simply no cpu voltage control in jumperfree configuraton section :(
So i cant overlock it higher than 3.2 ghz or sumethig :p

another question is: how to overlock with atiTOOL ? I am very new to overcloing GPU's should i just push scan for artifacts
Cuz when i push max mem or core my system crashes. It goooes soo high - 900++ core ns tuff ..

nines-

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Seems like there's no change-able voltage control n jumper free configuration section. I can make only AI over clock 10%. When I try to set jumperfree
system crashes. IS it because there is no voltage control? Is there a way to add this option to my bios?

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006

Depends, what kind (brand) and model number is your mother board?

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006

According to your MB manual you should be able to change the voltage and FSB of your cpu. You might want to go back and look at your manual. There should be settings in the bios for the FSB, voltage and the multiplier. I have heard that a lot of people can over clock the 5000+ BE by just raising the multiplier and not even touching the voltage or FSB.

Here is a review of the 5000+ BE edition and they over clock it. Hopefully this will help you out. If you have no multiplier setting on your mother board you may need to get a new board. From what I have read about your board it seems to be a pretty basic board. No frills.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_5000_be/

nines-

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Hehe, i guess it is not a very basic board. It's ridiculous, but it has only only 2 values for the voltage parameters. The set value and "AUTO". So i guess ths board is not made for over clocking. :( It is written in manual too.
And is there a way to change it? Like upgrading bios or smth? Or is it mobo that simply cant incaese voltages? Should i buy a new one?

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006

See if there is a bios update but I doubt that will solve your problem. I read some reviews on newegg about your mb and they were not that favorable. Of course those reviews are not always accurate. I don't think I would consider your mb and enthusiast board that supports a lot of bells and whistles. If the options are not in your bios to change the multiplier or voltage and changing the fsb screws up your system you might want to get a new board.

Most newer mb do allow you to increase the voltage and fsb not always the multiplier. That has been my experience. esp if they are budget boards with built in graphics.
I also did a google search for your mb and did not find any reviews on it. Another sign that it might not be that popular.

This was from the review about the 5000+ BE chip

Overclocking the 5000+ Black Edition couldn't be easier. Head into the BIOS and start the upward climb of the multiplier. Of course, for total system enhancement, you will want to adjust the memory and HTT as well, but for this review we will just be dealing with the CPU and increasing the multiplier to test the performance of the CPU. Highest benchmark stable clock was 16x200MHz at 1.4V for a CPU speed of 3200MHz. The other benefit is that with the 16x multiplier, the RAM divider is 8 and allows the memory to be run at 400. The 5000+ was able to boot into Windows at 16.5x200MHz at 1.5V but was not benchmark stable. I believe the motherboard was the bottleneck as there were no voltage adjustments other than CPU and Memory. With a little push on the HTT voltage, it should have been stable. But even this mb is not the best. As you can see it does not have a voltage increase for the HTT voltage LOL so you might want to look for a mb that has voltage setting for the cpu, memory, and HTT and multiplier settings for the cpu as well.

This is the mother board they used. ECS A770M-A

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135069&Tpk=ECS%2bA770M-A

Not that best review on the egg for this board but the review does show that it can over clock the 5000+ BE pretty well.