QX6850 mobo compatibility

I'm thinking about buying a Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX6850, but not sure my mobo supports it (P5N32-SLI SE DELUXE) no luck on Asus website. does anyone have this motherboard and have the processor working together?
3 answers Last reply
More about qx6850 mobo compatibility
  1. Hi linsypaula,

I can't guarantee that these two work together but I have heard of a few people on other sites using the two together without any complaints. Also I have heard that this CPU works fine with the Striker Extreme which is basically the same board and chipset with a few extras.

Hope this helps
  2. I dont see the point in ever buying a Extreme edition chip. But if you are going to buy one why not spend a little bit more and get the yorkfield cpu?. I would either get a GO q6600 and OC to 3Ghz or wait another month for the rest of the penryn line to come out.
  3. The motherboard listed is based on Nforce4 SLI, which specifically does not support quad-core.

http://forums.legitreviews.com/about8812.html

For Yorkfield (Penryn), ideally you'd want a P35 motherboard, though X38 and a few P965 motherboards also work for that. The advantage of P965's is that DDR2 RAM is cheaper. X38 is the most expensive solution, and most agree it's not worth it if you're not overclocking to extremes.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Compatibility