Error Occurred (0)

thecase

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
Hi,

I have a dell pc. Two hard drives together set up as RAID. One hard drive has Error Occurred (0) next to it when booting up and the PC does not boot up it stops there and says something like cannot read disc press ctrl + alt + del to restart. Also what is interesting when I launch up the intel pentium sign as extreme next to it. I was never on the xtreme version.

Any ideas?

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Sounds to me that the RAID array died/one of the HDD's died. (this is the reason I don't RAID my HDD's) You may need to re-install the RAID, and Windows.

rockchalk

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2007
Remove the disk that is showing up as "Error Occurred(0)" and then try to boot the system. You should boot up with a degraded RAID1 volume.

rockchalk

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2007
The first time I read your post, I thought I saw that you have a RAID1, but I now see that I was mistaken-- what RAID level are you using? RAID1, RAID0, or something else?

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Your screwed.

First check each drive with the manufacturers drive testing program. get the one that is the bootable DOS ISO and use ISO Recorder, or other ISO burning software, to burn the ISO to CD. If both drives are good, then you can follow SomeJoe7777's advice on recovering the data. I have never done it, because I don't RAID, and it will cost some cash, but it is the cheapest way out if you really need the data.

Always back up your data, especially if you are using RAID0. I guess you learned that the hard way.