[Help] Will my CPU bottleneck a videocard?

zhadows

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
Hi.

I am currently running on a Pentium D 820 [2.8 Ghz "Dual Core"-Not to be confused with Core 2 Quad].

I have recently changed from a 17'' LCD to a 22'' Widescreen, my current video card is integrated into my motherboard. I was planning on buying a cheapish video card 80-100$ in order to hold me off until Feb or March when Nvidia and Intel both unleash their new products and just build one or buy one. But, after reading many reviews I have seen that Pentium D 820 performance is really bad, rated really low on this website's CPU charts.

I was just curious, will my CPU bottleneck let's say, a 8600/8500 video card? I would just like to run at least 30-40 FPS In a small time game like World of Warcraft with all my settings turned up to high. Is it a plausible idea to go ahead and get a cheap video card or just get one built now or If there is anything else you suggest please drop a reply.

Thanks.

P.S. I currently run on Native resolution and my FPS with the current integrated video card is around 8 in WoW, so yea.

Flex_Relax

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007

No, i dont think so.

TRENDING THREADS