Free Internet Usage Monitor

edmond419

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Hi all,

Last time a few months ago I wanted to monitor the internet usage of computers, I know have a solution.

I now want to know, what FREE software that can fulfill all the following requirements:
1. Be installed on the central server that provides internet access ONLY, not on client computers
2. Monitor what web URL's have each and every client have been to
3. Is not a demo or trial version of the software; it is simply just free software.
4. Install on Windows 7 computer

There is no requirement as to the content of the webpages accessed or sent, simply the URL's is sufficient,though it'll be good

I have already tried:
- Wireshark (Doesn't categorize data and it doesn't filter out the data)
- MING Network Monitor (is not free software)
- Spiceworks (No such function)
- GFI web monitor (not free software)

Thanks all
Edmond419

Rizlla

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Networx is a freeware option you can try. I am currently using it. I don't know if it can monitor which websites have been visited you will have to search for it, but I set it up to monitor my ADSL bandwidth usage . It is alot of function so you will just have to go through them all. It works pretty good. I have been using it for about 6 months with no problems on Windows 7.
Here is the link: http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
you wont get anything that will monitor the metrics your looking for for free, as the PC will have have to access a proxy server then detail all the requests to a database then the software will have to report against said database, so i highly doubt there is a free solution for your query!