Pondering a new budget build

Battou

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
Hi guys. Long time AMD fan here thinking about building a new Intel budget build at the beginning of the year. I was looking for some input from you guys on which combinations of parts would be best. I only need a mobo, processor, and ram. I am looking to get the best performance for the least amount of money. Some exceptions : I want a good motherboard with a single pci-e slot as I don't plan on doing any crossfire or sli. Ive heard the 2100 series chips from Intel are good for over clocking to get similar performance to higher costs chips, but the fsb ratings for the chips and mobos confuse me sometimes. Any thoughts?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
If you're on a tight budget probably better to go with AMD because it's less expensive. The X2 5000+ Black Edition has gotten good reviews and is supposed to be easily overclocked. All new boards come with PCIe slots. Are you planning on using onboard Video? If so, this is a nice AMD 2 mobo, just used it in my of my grandkids computers. You decide to go with Intel and want onboard video, the P33 would be the best board, ASUS or Gigabyte would be good What's your budget?

Battou

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
Yes I'm pretty familiar with AMD as I have a dual core Opty system right now. I have already setup what would be a good AMD build, but was just pondering if Intel could offer similar bang for the buck. Ill probably be getting a HD 3850 at the beginning of the year, so no on board crap. And yes I would like to get one of those 5000+ Black Edition chips as I love to tinker around with over clocking and what not.