Sign in with
Your question

OCZ Core SSD Drive

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 12, 2008 12:54:46 AM

Hey, did some research, and was able to pick up a 64 GB ocz core series for about 100 bucks (was only able to get one) so i thought it was a pretty good deal.

I'm loving the read speeds and everything, everything boots so much faster, but the write speeds.... on my old WD hard drive i got sustained writes of 60 mb/s and could install games and what not on the WD in a matter of minutes, now on the SSD it's supposed to have a write speed of 70-80 MB a second. Except it takes about 30 - 40 minutes to install the same game on this harddrive when it took 15 tops on the old one....

I was wondering if there was any way to diagnose whats wrong? or if its just a problem with current SSD technology... I couldn't really find anything on it, help would be much appreciated.

More about : ocz core ssd drive

September 12, 2008 1:17:23 AM

i heard that ssd had problems...
Related resources
September 12, 2008 2:01:04 AM

well i guess for 100 its a good/ semi good deal, so i would just throw the OS on there and leave it.. lol
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 13, 2008 2:03:23 AM

eh i'll stick with my SSD for now... 64 GB is significantly more than I really need anyway, I'll just wait till SSD's mature a little bit before picking up another one, planned on putting 2 of these in raid 0, but it doesn't sound like thats a good idea :( 

I'll just wait till better SSD, with actually normal write speeds :D  come to market and then at some point down the road I might put them in RAID

I just needed a new HDD, and could get this one for a 100 so I figured why not

thanks for the responses
!