Can you connect a wireless 2.4ghz mouse to a wifi chip in a laptop

easymac79

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
i know that this may sound completely retarded, but please read all before deciding that im insane. I bought a gyration wireless air mouse. I used it for about ayear, then moved. when unpacking, i realize that i lost the adapter. about a year later, i come across my mouse that was in storage. I was curious if it had any charge left, so i took out the battery and did the tounge test. I sat there just remembering how much i loved it for about 10 minutes. My computer went to screensaver. I started clicking and moving the mouse around just for fun. the screensaver goes off, and the cursor is in a different spot. I ried charging the mouse and re attempting, but to no sucess. My mouse is a 2.4ghz wireless optical and air mouse. my wifi chip is a wireless b/g and integrated n 2.4ghz. I think that for a breif second there, the mouse happened to send out a signal that was picked up by my card.
I want to know if there is a way i can force this to happen again, and be stable. if it means not using internet when i use that mouse, i am fine with that. i will but a 50 foot ethernet and run it from my router to my room on the celiend andd then to my computer, but i just dont want to spend another 120 dollars for a new mouse.

G

I am sure it's theoretically possible -- but these things are meant to operate via the dedicated receiver you lost. If you insist on trying without it you could experiment with diffferent wireless channels.

But why not look for a complete mouse of that brand secondhand as, even if the used mouse is worn out, the receiver will still work.

easymac79

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
i found a good deal on amazon, but my parents are throwing a fit about me giving them the money to put it on their credit card. that is why i am trying to find an alternative.