Acer Aspire M5620 reinstalled vista, no lan driver on Acer website

bobloadmire

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
yeah so fresh install of vista, but i cant find the drivers on the Acer website, they only have 3 drivers listed, all wrong. I believe its a Marvell Gigabit integrated network card. what driver should i use?

As MrsBytch said, Vista should install the drivers. The Marvell Gigabit intergrated LAN is a very common on-board LAN connection. If all else fails, you can just Google search for it. There are dozens of places that you can download the LAN drivers.

bobloadmire

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
i have googled, vista didnt install, i have tried forcing some common gigabit drivers on it, not help, it didn't come with a driver cd.

i have search for Acer M5620 drivers gigabit lan ethernet, in lots of combos on google, not help. i have emailed acer support. and i have got nothing from them. it has a radeon HD2600pro so i dont think its a 6100 series mother board. it its also a Q6600 chip also.

danmarhk

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Bobloadmire, I am not sure if my suggestion helps, but I think it is no harm trying.
Try seeing the site of Acer to check the model of the mainboard.
Or else, open the case and see if you can find the logo on the board.
If you know which model the mainboard is, you can easily find the relevant drivers of all units.
Wish you good luck.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Thinking about it, it prolly is the chipset driver. It prolly needs to see that first correctly, then it will prolly see what is on the PCI bus/bridge to install the network drivers.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Yes, I'd try that first. The reason I say that, Vista should have the correct driver according to the other guys. Now the reason why it doesn't do it, is because the system does not see it on the PCI bus, if I understand correctly.

I remember in the past when I have similar problems installing windows on certain MB to where it didn't see certain devices until it understood how to see the PCI bus correctly, which had to do with the chipset drivers for the MB.

Hope that works for ya.

Ogrady

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
I just completed a fresh install of XP Pro (for business) on my Acer model M5620-E1204A so I can help!
The LAN is an INTEL 82566DC-2 and the direct link on Intel's site to download the driver package for your operating system is http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2775&lang=eng

On a related topic, (finding drivers for the M5620) the XP Pro install CD will BSOD a few minutes into the installation. Even though the BIOS sees the hard drive it's not enough. You need to slipstream the SATA drivers, they are INTEL ICH8R/ICH9R and they're within the Intel Matrix Storage Manager software package, go here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2101&lang=eng

There you go...

PS Just checking the preview before I submitted this, the link is truncated visually on my screen but the link does work.

ianscrap

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2007
Just a note to any new owners of a Acer M5620:

Start the system out of the box, utilizing the little green Acer widget on the desktop, burn the backup CDs/DVDs for your system(hint: One of those CDs are all of your drivers).

Next, this is my personal preference, go to the Acer Support site and place an order for a complete set of backup CDs and DVDs for your M5620. Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/lqbg4

Now, if you do one or both of the above mentioned suggestions, then I firmly believe you're good to go to wipe out the entire OEM installed system and perform a fresh, clean install of Vista.

(Mind you that making the OEM Backup CD/DVD purchase was my choice, but utilizing the green Acer widget that is on the system when you get it, to create the backup set yourself should work just fine. I just wanted to ensure for myself that I had an OEM Production Quality backup set in my possession.)

Either way you should be good to go.

Congrats on your new M5620, enjoy it and have fun.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!! :)

soulattack

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
Hi All,

We bought 2 M5620 and we need to install XP2, i followed the directions for the slimstream of the Intel ICH8R/ICH9R
. issue is when i choose the driver, there comes a point that it asks me to insert the intel storage manager matrix in to the A: drive. At that point it no longer detects the USB for some reason, and i get stuck. Ideas? HELLLLPPPP!!!