"Error Loading OS" ahh!! :-/

So I just built my new comp, it posted, etc. I got my linux LiveCD to work, shut it down, tried to install XP and it wouldnt work, gave me "Error Loading OS," tried several times with 2 working xp cds, no luck. Tried the Linux cd and now it gives me the same error.
5 answers Last reply
More about error loading
  1. Please ;( any night crawlers?
  2. SuperiorRobot said:
    So I just built my new comp, it posted, etc. I got my linux LiveCD to work, shut it down, tried to install XP and it wouldnt work, gave me "Error Loading OS," tried several times with 2 working xp cds, no luck. Tried the Linux cd and now it gives me the same error.

Get something to totally wipe your hdd (zero write/fill) - back to nothing then try again.

Also check your boot order.
  3. I already told you about the boot order...
    The problem was that when I ran linux it must have left some traces of life or something, and my wireless keyboard isnt easily recognized so i cant change the boot order to make windows CD go before broken linux, ahhh! LAme.
  4. I'm having kinda the same problem, finally got my new build to POST, went into the Windows XP installation (CD boot) and after it asked me in which partition i noticed that XP saw my HDD as 136GB and not 500GB (my motherboard CAN see it as 500GB) so i cancelled the installation... I try to install again and it gives me that "Error Loading OS" crap.

Any ideas other than formatting the whole drive?
  5. rufio45,
    slipstream you Windows XP with service pack 1 or better 2. Then it should recognize the entire hard disk drive.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Windows XP Linux Systems