nikolabjelo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
I have a problem connecting SATA DVD (Samsung WriteMaster SH-S203N) to my asus motherboard (P5KR). Apperently the MB recognaizes the name of the DVD drive, but it can not access it.
I've tried several bios setups, unfortunatly without any success. Always MB recognises the name, but can not access it.
In the mean time, I've installed Windows XP Pro, with an ATA DVD-drive and it works well.

nikolabjelo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
Everything can see it (everything says that there is a DVD drive), but nothing can read what is on it (bios just put "...", windows just thing a long time and than say that every CD or DVD are ampty)...

On "bios", I've say to look first on the DVD drive, when it's empty, it's empty, but when I put a CD or DVD, it just write "..." and wait me to restart the computer,

On "windows XP pro service pack2", I see it on "my computer", but when I put some CD-DVD, it just thing a lot and then it look like every CD's and DVD's are empty

nikolabjelo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
I have put every thing on IDE

"I hope it to,

I thing it's a bios setup(but I've wath everywhere and I don't see any probleme, an idea?), or an incompatibility(I know that there is no incompatibility normally here, but I don't know everything, roflol),"

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
There is a possibility that "upper" and "lower" filters are disrupting the transfer of data. These are generally registry keys that filter data going to and from the ODD. Do a google search and you should find a few places that refer to which reg keys are causing the issue.

TRENDING THREADS