CoreTemp vs EasyTune Temp Differences

Kurosei

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
So I'm a first time OCer, and after reading my temps in EasyTune, I thought I was extremely successful with my E8400. OC'd to 3.42gHz and keeping cool at 30°C idle and 45°C under load according to EasyTune. Now, when I check CoreTemp, it's giving me 15°C hotter than what's registering in EasyTune.

I'm not sure which I should trust here. I only wanted to do a slight OC since I'd like for my CPU to last 3-4 years, and hitting 60°C has me a bit worried. Any words of wisdom?

Keep in mind that cpu temp in gigatune is not from the same sensor as Core temps. Mine are typically 8 C cooler.

The problem with the 8400 is finding a program that is accurate.
Just tried Real temp (AS suggested by bwdsmart), Looks good, But then I have an Old 6400 @ 3.2.

CPUID is simular to Real temp in that it will show min max, But Cpuid also displays voltages (Better than speed fan) and also fan speed.

balearic

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
With an E8400 you'll never know the tru temp. Each program will tell you something different. At times no matter how much aif flow or how cool the day is, real temp, coretemp, and Everest programs do not change at all with this processor. Speed Fan is the only program that seems to change the temps accurately for me.