need help

MrMuay

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
I have a P4 531 processor on an ASUS P5GD1-PRO Mobo whith 2 Gb memory, a 320 Gb (sata) HD (primary) and 40 Gb (IDE) HD (secondary).
When I overclock it, it does not recognise my sata HD, and consequently doesn't start. I go to the BIOS setup (version 1012.001), run through every aplication on the BOOT section with no result on finding my sata HD. Has anyone made an overclock whith the same mobo, or knows what's rong?
Since I have a PSU Tacens 680W and a CPU cooler CoolerMaster Hyper TX2, I belive that isn't the problem.
Can anyone please help me???
Thank's

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
make sure you have lock all other speed for PCI and others to 33/100mhz you overclock the FSB result in overclock other bus speed as well.and you may have already burned your HD if not any other component.

MrMuay

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
No, because when I reset to default setings it recognises it again. I go to BIOS
advanced->JumperFree Config->AI overclocking and it has: Manual
Auto
Standard
Overclock profile
AI N.O.S.

If I select other than Auto, when I restart my computer it says that I need to select the proper boot divice, and in the bios it does not recognise my sata HD, but if I reset config and reenter bios it does.
I don't know if it is the bios version 1012.001, but I've serched and the only newer version is the 1013 BETA, so I don't know what's going on.