512mb Geforce 8800GT

What are the chances of there being a low-profile (half-height) version of this card?
9 answers Last reply
More about 512mb geforce 8800gt
  1. Probably nil.
  2. Not going to happen unless they intergrate the graphics chip onto a motherboard for on board graphics.Maybe in a couple more years as everything starts to shrink more,this might be a viable option,but until then I'm afraid you're stuck with the full size card.Goodluck.

Dahak

M2N32-SLI DELUXE WE
    X2 5600+ STOCK (2.8GHZ)
    2X1GIG DDR2 800 IN DC MODE
    TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
    EVGA 8800GT SUPERCLOCKED
    SMILIDON RAIDMAX GAMING CASE
    ACER 22IN WS LCD 1680X1050
    250GIG HD/320GIG HD
    G5 GAMING MOUSE
    LOGITECH Z-5500 5.1 SURROUND SYSTEM
    500WATS CONTINUOUS,1000 PEAK
    WIN XP MCE SP2
    3DMARK 05 15,686
  3. cleeve said:
    Probably nil.

I'll probably have to convince my parents to let me get a new case then. It's a bit ridiculous though since I got the computer about 2 weeks ago. They seem to only make low profile versions of budget-mid range cards. Is that a fair comment?
  4. I probably should mention I have an Inspiron 530s which is 10cm wide. Thats why a full size one won't fit. There are no low profile cards capable of handling recent games.
  5. Dell can be very naughty with its case/mobo/PSU selections... and I'm sure you're finding that out now. What sort of PSU is that 530 packing?
  6. rodney_ws said:
    Dell can be very naughty with its case/mobo/PSU selections... and I'm sure you're finding that out now. What sort of PSU is that 530 packing?

You can say that again! It has a 250 watt PSU!
  7. Dude, You got Dell'd.
  8. pauldh said:
    Dude, You got Dell'd.

Tell me about it. I guess I should be looking for a cheap, quiet case with space for an 8800 GT.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Geforce Graphics Product