Vista Installation on P5B Deluxe

DLD-UK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
I'm trying to install Vista on the above motherboard. The machine boots without any hardware errors but when I go to install Vista it lists my disks but says it cannot install to any of them. I have one 250GB disk and two 500GB. My intention was to mirror the 500GB into a raid set. I've tried setting the disks to IDE and Raid but it seems to make no difference. When I do a ctrl/L I get the Intel raid configuration menu appear but the system immediately tries to boot without letting me do any configuration changes.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Thanks

David

Is there not a choice to partition or format the drive in the menu when you reach this point? You may have to delete an existing partition before you can proceed. Look below the listed drives for some sort of tools menu to partition them. I have been there before and it isn't exactly obvious but it is there. Unfortunately I have forgotten exactly what it is called in Vista.

DLD-UK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
Thanks for the reply. No it doesn't let me partition any of the drives. It gives me the partition screen but says the drives are not suitable for use.