3d movie on 2d display is it safe?

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
:D hi does any one tried to play a polarized movie on 2d display, if so what problems you got, i think a movie that encoded in polarization will not damage the gpu and the display, and if u have no polarized movies install cyberlink pdvd 11 and select micro polarized display in 3d settings,cause i want to try it in next sunday present i am not in my home town, i went Hyderabad on my work and here i had seen this kind, here these folks said that they got no problem by playing movies in that format, please share u r opinions,
:non: and if u have any doubts please dont try it :non: :hello: here 2d display means 60hz not 100 or 120 hz

Solution
You're welcome

I will keep what you find out in mind as well because it is likely that someone will ask this question again.
I don't know, but I guess it is save. I saw 3d movie player come with an option for 2d playback and you choose either the left or right image. If it damage the normal 2d display, I don't think these options will be made available.

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

Thanks mate, but what is word means save is it means safe?, here my point is we can see an anagliph red cyan movie on 2d display without any problem, in that manor what if we see a polarized movie with polarized glasses on 2d display, hope u understand my question. thanks for reply :sol:

I assume it is safe. I don't see how the signal can damage your screen. Because your screen is incapable of displaying polarized light, the left right eye polarized image is most likely to be treated and display asnormal image and you probably get double image overlapping, so I guess you will get ghost/fuzziness. I use iz3d with anaglyph on 2d screen and when I selected other 3d output which is not supported, I get distorted image, no image or no effect. If you want to display polarized 3d and worry about it damaging your screen, select display of only 1 side of image when you play video.

Anyone have a more definite answer?

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

:hello: thanks for the help,Pyree I have tried it on AOC F19 tn display and it worked fine,no ghosting, after I seen 10 1080p movies on that screen I sent that monitor to nearest service center and asked them is there any damage in it, they checked it and there is no problem and monitor working as good as before i watched polarized movies, there is lot of difference between a polarized 3d monitor and 60hz 2d display,3d polarized movie on 2d display is O.K but we can not get full 3d experience from it. :sol: :sol: :sol: by the way Present polarized screens refresh rate is 100hz only and they can not produce 1080p in 3d mode. :love:

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

my pleasure, and what is that message under ur every answer thank you :love: