Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Hewlett Packard
  • HD
  • Format
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 8, 2007 12:28:07 AM

I have the 8800GTS 320 (I know, wish I would have known the GT's would be coming out...) and I am having an issue when I attempt to set it into HD. My monitor is a 19" HP w1907, it's supposedly HD to boot. The problem is when I try to set the Nvidia settings to an HD format, like 720 and so on under (I don't remember all the numbers). When I set them, it changes my resolutions to something horrible, so I got to fix the resolution, and now it's set back to non-HD format.

I could have sworn, when I first purchased this, it would let me set it and not give me such a fuss. Anyone have any ideas what is causing my issues?

More about : 8800 gts

December 8, 2007 1:35:43 AM

Yeah, it's all hooked up correctly. DVI connection, newest drivers, naitive resolution 1440x900 before I go into HD format. Then when I go into it, it resets my resolution to a lower amount, and when I try to fix the resolution, it pops me out of HD.
December 8, 2007 1:43:55 AM

Nevermind, I've figured it out. I must have been mistaken when it worked in the past, but I've never really thought of how HD resolutions work. Obviously 720p would be 1028x720, which is why it's changing my resolution.

Oh well. :) 
!